- The front and back feature custom glass with a 50 percent deeper strengthening layer. A new steel substructure and a stronger, aerospace‑grade 7000 Series aluminum band provide additional reinforcement. And an oleophobic coating lets you easily wipe off smudges and fingerprints.
- iPhone 8 comes in three new glass finishes: space gray, silver, and gold. A seven‑layer color process allows for precise hues, opacity, and rich depth of color. And the matching aluminum band complements the glass beautifully.
- iPhone 8 is precision-engineered at the microscopic level to protect against water, splashes, and dust.
- We’ve always intended iPhone to be a truly wireless device, free from charging cables and headphone cords. With a glass back and an embedded wireless charging system, iPhone 8 is designed for a wireless future.
- iPhone 8 features redesigned stereo speakers that are up to 25 percent louder and deliver deeper bass. Crank up the volume and enjoy richer-sounding music, videos, and speakerphone calls.
- With Touch ID, your fingerprint is your secure password. Use it to instantly unlock your phone and sign in to many of your favorite apps. Touch ID also enables Apple Pay, which lets you pay in stores, within apps, and on the web. And later this fall, you’ll be able to send and receive money in Messages.
Retina HD Display
- True Tone technology uses an advanced four‑channel ambient light sensor to subtly adjust the white balance onscreen to match the color temperature of the light around you. So images on the display look as natural as on a printed page, reducing eyestrain.
- Lifelike colors and high contrast make everything you look at — photos, movies, games, news — crisp and captivating. With a wide color gamut and the best color accuracy in the industry, your photos will look as vibrant as real life.
- Dual‑domain pixels give you a great view of the screen from almost any angle.
- How do you improve on the world’s most popular camera? By introducing a new sensor and powering it with A11 Bionic. It makes advanced photographic techniques easy and automatic — so everyone can shoot unbelievable photos and movies. iPhone 8 cameras are also designed for the most immersive and incredible augmented reality experiences.
- iPhone 8 Plus has a wide‑angle camera with an ƒ/1.8 six‑element lens, optical image stabilization, and a larger, faster 12MP sensor. It also has a powerful ƒ/2.8 telephoto camera. Together these two cameras enable optical zoom and Portrait mode.
- The wide‑angle camera on iPhone 8 is the same one found in iPhone 8 Plus — featuring an ƒ/1.8 six‑element lens, optical image stabilization, and a larger, faster 12MP sensor.
- Portrait mode gets even better, with sharper detail, more natural background blurring, improved performance in low light, and access to the flash when you need it.
- The product of extensive research into the art and science of portraiture, Portrait Lighting brings a new dimension to Portrait mode. Powered by A11 Bionic and the new ISP, Portrait Lighting uses facial detection and depth maps to capture portraits with striking shadows, spotlight effects, and more.
- With Retina Flash, wide color capture, advanced pixel technology, and auto image stabilization, the 7MP FaceTime HD camera shoots selfies that stand out.
- Whether you’re a proud parent, a film student, or a working director, iPhone 8 lets you shoot phenomenal movies. An Apple‑designed video encoder performs real‑time image processing for optimal quality. And with HEVC compression, you’ll get the same video quality as before at half the file size.
Meet A11 Bionic, the most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone
- With six cores and 4.3 billion transistors, A11 Bionic has four efficiency cores that are up to 70 percent faster than the A10 Fusion chip, and two performance cores that are up to 25 percent faster. The CPU can even harness all six cores simultaneously when you need a turbo boost.
- A11 Bionic manages its enormous power intelligently by directing tasks between the performance and efficiency cores. So the things you do most often — like texting and browsing the web — happen quickly while using less energy.
- With the A11 Bionic chip, AR games and apps reach a new level of fluidity and realism.